Your Scots Past Terms and Conditions
One of the fundamental principles of Your Scots Past is an open and honest approach to the research process. Below is a summary of our terms and conditions, if you still have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me by email email@example.com or by telephoning 07920 023797.
Your Scots Past undertakes to provide a high quality tailored research service to the client. All findings will be clearly documented (with references) in the final report and shall include details of research undertaken, sources consulted and any problems or gaps encountered in the process.
Due to the variability in surviving records success cannot be guaranteed and the amount of available information will vary from family to family. A research plan shall only be proposed if there is a reasonable chance of success. Research time is chargeable regardless of the results found.
Please note that some official records may include errors and omissions and unless the information can be found in another source this may prevent the research from progressing beyond a certain point.
If for any reason a line cannot be traced as far back as stated in the package a refund shall be offered for the balance of unused research time. Alternatively, you may choose to put the remaining funds towards an alternative branch of your tree.
All other research shall be conducted at the hourly rate of £25 with a minimum charge for four hours work. The hourly charge applies to research time, writing up reports and findings and communication with the client after the initial free consultation period.
Where applicable additional costs include
• Certified copies of certificates (charged at cost)
• Copies of other documents e.g. wills
• Special presentation materials and associated printing costs e.g. Family Trees printed in A3 or larger formats
• Some travel expenses to graveyards, archives and other record sources.
Any additional charges will be agreed with the client before proceeding.
There will be NO additional charges for PayPal.
A deposit shall be required before any research is commenced.
The balance must be received as cleared funds before the final report is posted or emailed. If research is undertaken on an hourly basis a payment plan may be agreed.
Payment can be made by
• Sterling cheque made payable to Merle Palmer, and sent to Your Scots Past, Kingsview, Milton of Collace, Burrelton, Perthshire. PH13 9PP
• Bank transfer, details to be provided at the point of invoice.
• Debit or Credit cards via PayPal (I shall email you an invoice with link and payment instructions). There is no additional charge for using Paypal.
We are committed to maintaining the highest degree of integrity in all our interactions with past present and future clients. This includes the protection of all personal information supplied and discovered in the research process. This data shall not be given to any third parties unless we are legally obliged to do so. Your Scots Past is registered for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. Registration Number ZA023565.